Lala Berlin AW 17
NICCI WELSH: “I’m fortunate to be able to design both the makeup and hair look giving me the unique opportunity to bring them both closely together. Lala wanted contrast from the Punk makeup and was interested in a clean look. I considered the texture of many Punk hair styles often shaved in places giving a matte finish and perfectly straighten in a Mohawk giving a flat sometimes greasy finish.
Again I wanted this look to be wearable for the Lala girl so took these elements into consideration before I designed it. A two toned texture reflecting matte and greasy was the perfect solution for me. The top of the hair is hydrated and super smooth while the ends have uneven texture with a dry finish thus giving me a very modern and wearable twist to a Punk hairstyle.”
For the hair look, I used Oribe and GHD products.
- Prep the hair by spraying Oribe Foundation Mist all over the hair.
- Use Oribe Grandiose Hair Plumping Mousse all over as well, but make sure you have plenty on the mid lengths to ends.
- Blow dry the hair straight on the top of the head with a GHD Tail Comb. Make sure your hair lays flat from the top of your head and down to your ears.
- Use a large GHD Curling Iron to create a soft wave from mid lengths to ends.
- Finish by adding Oribe Pomade to the ends of the hair, to gather the split ends.