Do you miss summer, sunshine and golden colours? Get the summer to last a little bit longer by creating this amazing smokey-eye, with golden colours on the eyes and a skin that looks ‘sun kissed’ and glowy! Keep scrolling down the text and you will find our easy ‘how-to’ guide.
BEFORE & AFTER
- Start by applying a moisturizing cream all over the face. Embryolisse Lait-Créme Concentré, 199 kr.
- For the beautiful glowy skin, mix a light foundation with a liquid highlighter. It gives the perfect dewy look. Benefit ‘Sun beam’ 205 kr., Chanel Vitaluimiere Aqua Foundation, ca. 320 kr.
- Start the eyemakeup by applying an eye base primer onto the whole eyelid. MAC Prep + Prime 24-Hour Extend Eye Base, 165 kr.
- Then apply a dark creamy eyeshadow that has a bit of shimmer in it, on the whole eyelid. Use your fingers to make the finished result more natural. MAC Extra Dimension Eye Shadow ‘Silver Dawn’, 175 kr.
- Apply a dark brown / bronzy eyeliner along the lower lash line. Make sure to apply it as close to the lashes as possible. Then lightly smudge it out with an angled brush. MAC Eyeliner ‘Teddy’, 135 kr., Nicci Welsh Angle Eye Shadow Brush 205 kr.
- Repeat step nr. 5 along the upper lashes as well. It will create a mild and soft eyeliner effect. By using a brown eyeliner instead of an black eyeliner you get a more soft look.
- Apply the same cream eyeshadow as before, but only add it in the crease with an eye contour brush and blend carefully so you avoid harsh lines. Nicci Welsh Eye Shadow Contour Brush, 205 kr.
- Apply a tiny amount of gold eyeshadow in the middle of the eyelid. It will give the eyelook a fresh and summerly effect. MAC Pigment ‘Melon’, 195 kr.
- Apply a darker bronzy color powder eyeshadow on top of the eyeliner – along the upper and lower lashes – so it creates a softer look. MAC Eyeshadow ‘Antiqued’, 150 kr.
- Finish the eye look by applying loads of mascara. Benefit Roller Lash Mascara, 195 kr.
- If you need a little more coverage under the eyes, add a bit of concealer under the eyes with a concealer brush. MAC Studio Finish Concealer, 150 kr., Nicci Welsh Concealer Brush, 175 kr.
- Continue with the base, and apply a highlighter on the tops of the cheekbone and bit of bronzer under the cheekbones – and blend the two together with a fluffy brush. MAC Cream Color Base ‘Hush’ + ‘Improper Copper’, 105 kr., Nicci Welsh Foundation/Powder Brush, 339kr.
- Finish the whole look off with a pink toned lip color! MAC Lipstick ‘Dressed To Thrill’, 165 kr.
Do you want to learn how you can create a perfect purple smokey-eye? Read all about it here.