Photo credit: Nicci Welsh Team og Darling Creative Studio
Unsure of what to wear for your next party? We have the solution for you: this glamorous red carpet look that Eva Harlou wore for DANSK Design Talent 2016. Get together with your best girlfriends, turn up the music (may we suggest Beyonce) and recreate this hair and makeup look. Let’s get glammin’. (Hair on Eva Harlou by: Nini Elisabeth Jørgensen. Makeup on Eva Harlou by: Nicci Welsh)
HOW TO – MAKEUP:
- This look is all about perfect skin! Therefore it is essential to add a good primer all over the face to make the skin more even in texture and long lasting.
- Apply a full coverage foundation with a flat foundation brush all over the face – start in the middle and work the product out towards the ears. That way you don’t use too much product.
- Add a full coverage concealer underneath the eyes, around the nose and on the chin. (Pssst: Make sure that your concealer is no more than 1-2 tones lighter than your skin, so you don’t look ashy!)
- Blend the concealer and foundation together in circular motions with a big fluffy brush to achieve that flawless airbrushed skin.
- Carve out those cheekbones with a bronzer and a blush brush. Apply the product underneath your cheekbones, temples and jawline.
- Make your skin glow like a goddess with some highlighter. Apply it on the top of your cheekbones and a bit down the nose with a small fluffy brush.
- Add a bit of extra color to your cheeks with a bit of blush. Apply it lightly on the apples of the cheek and blend it up along the cheekbones.
- Take a bit of the bronzer and mix it with the highlighter, then apply it all over the lid as a base color. Make sure to blend the edges nicely with a small fluffy brush.
- Define the eyes with a black gel eyeliner on a angled brush – along the upper and lower lashes. This will make your eyes ‘pop’ like never before!
- Add a good layer of mascara (can a girl wear too much mascara? Not for this look!)
- Finish the makeup look off with a slightly tinted lip-gloss and comb through of your brows with a tinted brow-gel. Now #starringperfection.
Products shown: Bobbi Brown Long-wear Gel Eyeliner, Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Radiance Blush ‘Blushing Pink’, MAC Cremsheen Glass ‘Delight’, Benefit Gimme Brow, MAC Prep+Prime Natural Radiance ‘Radiant Yellow’, MakeUpForEver Ultra HD Foundation, MAC In Extreme Dimension Mascara, Clarins Instant Concealer and NARS Bronzer ‘Laguna’.
Brushes shown: Nicci Welsh Foundation Brush, Nicci Welsh Foundation/Powder Brush, Nicci Welsh Blush Brush, Nicci Welsh Eye Blend Brush and Nicci Welsh Eyebrow/Angle Eyeliner Brush.
HOW TO – HAIR:
- Section hair into smaller section and spray a texture and holding spray from the roots halfway down the hair.
- Apply a gel on the other half of the hair – From the middle down to the ends.
- Blow-dry the hair dry.
- Make small sections again and curl each section with a medium size curling wand. Make sure the hair is heated up thoroughly before you take the wand out.
- Pin each curled section up with a small clip.
- Do it all over the hair and when you are done let it cool off.
- When the hair has cooled off take our all the pins and brush the hair through with a oval brush.
- Brush all the hair back so it looks sleek and perfect.
- When you are happy with the shape, spray some hairspray all over the hair to make it last all night long.
Products shown: ORIBE Miximista Thickening Hair Spray, ORIBE Gel Serum, Kérastase Laque Noire, GHD Oval Dressing Brush and GHD Classic Curl Tong.