When it comes to cold weather we like to stick to a low maintenance make up routine. A light wash of foundation, mascara and a wine lip is always a must (and good idea). The bold lip takes the look from plain out Jane to fantastic Felicia. Expect to make a statement with out favourite lipsticks this winter.
OUR TOP 5 LIPSTICKS:
- Nars Velvet Matte Lip Cream in Consuming Red – The longest lasting of them all. A very deep red with a hint of brown. The pencil formula makes it easy to carry round and apply. Great for on the go!
- Clarins Joli Rouge in Soft Plum – Well it says it all in the name. This berry toned sheer lipstick looks amazing if you lightly dap it on to your lips with your ring finger. It’s sheer coverage makes it very wearable if you don’t want to venture into a darker shade.
- Sephora Rouge Matte Lipstick in 6035C M11 – It’s a true deep red. Perfect if you want to stay on the more classic side. This cool toned colour is perfect for fair skin to brighten up the skin and it also makes your teeth look whiter. That’s a winner in our book.
- Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Made It Matte – This brown toned red is probably the most opaque of them all, which is great as a small amount of product goes a long way.
- Nilens Jord in 735 – This full coverage berry tone is the lightest shade of berry red in the group, however it is very pigmented, which is good. The shine makes it very wearable and it is thinner in texture to the others making it lightweight and easy to wear.
Products shown: Nars Velvet Matte Lip Cream in Consuming Red, Clarins Joli Rouge in Soft Plum, Sephora Rouge Matte in 6035C M11, Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Made it Matte and Nilens Jord in 735.